Life Insurance for Astronauts

The other day I watched Apollo 13 for the 20th time. I really like the movie.

The story is amazing one, building a CO2 scubber from spare parts and just making back alive.

Then it got me thinking ... what would have happened to the families of the astronauts if they did not make it back.

I doubt any life insurance company at the time would be willing to cover the risk.

Then I found this article and pod cast on the NPR blog "What the Apollo Astronauts did for Life Insurance". All I can say is very inventive!




What The Apollo Astronauts Did For Life Insurance : NPR 
Before Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, he had to solve a more prosaic problem. 
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/08/30/160267398/what-the-apollo-astronauts-did-for-life-insurance

Financial Blog of Unknown | Life Insurance Debt Investing Mutual Funds |

Leave Your Response to "Life Insurance for Astronauts"

Your comments are appreciated. Please Do Not include links in your comments but instead select the profile setting as "Name/Url". Have fun and thanks for your comments!